You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer details from one iphone/sim to another iphone/sim

My friend has split up with her partner and he is insisting that she give him back the iphone with the sim card that he gave to her. It has all her personal stuff, banking and photos. She has got another Iphone - can she set up an icloud account to store the details on her sim card and then transfer it to that new phone and number? Once she has done that is it safe to delete everything on the returnable iphone. I would be grateful for any advice

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 11:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 1:32 PM

cherylw1961 wrote:

My friend has split up with her partner and he is insisting that she give him back the iphone with the sim card that he gave to her. It has all her personal stuff, banking and photos. She has got another Iphone - can she set up an icloud account to store the details on her sim card and then transfer it to that new phone and number? Once she has done that is it safe to delete everything on the returnable iphone. I would be grateful for any advice

There is no data stored on the sim card.

IF she has an iphone she can do this Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then she does this s What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 15, 2022 1:32 PM in response to cherylw1961

cherylw1961 wrote:

There is no data stored on the sim card.

IF she has an iphone she can do this Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then she does this s What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

transfer details from one iphone/sim to another iphone/sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.