You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't see albums when I try to upload from Photos (macOS 13 Ventura)

Since I updated to Ventura, when I try to upload from Photos I can't find the album selection anymore.

Before uploading the system I could see my albums under "Media > Photos":

but now I can see just the photos sorted by date.

Is it any way to turn back on the album selection?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 8:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 2:44 AM

Hi Michele:4_411,

thanks for your answer.

When I click "Options" it shows an input field where I can only select the "Format":

If I go on the Finder I can see my albums:

But If I try to access them while uploading pictures on a website I can't see them anymore.

For example, this is a button "Select images" on LinkedIn:

It opens the modal where I can select the pictures but when I click on "Media > Photos" there's no album selection. Before updating to Ventura, at the top of this modal, I was seeing my albums.

Are there any options I should re-activate? Or they simply removed the album selection from this modal?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 17, 2022 2:44 AM in response to Michele_4_411

Hi Michele:4_411,

thanks for your answer.

When I click "Options" it shows an input field where I can only select the "Format":

If I go on the Finder I can see my albums:

But If I try to access them while uploading pictures on a website I can't see them anymore.

For example, this is a button "Select images" on LinkedIn:

It opens the modal where I can select the pictures but when I click on "Media > Photos" there's no album selection. Before updating to Ventura, at the top of this modal, I was seeing my albums.

Are there any options I should re-activate? Or they simply removed the album selection from this modal?

Nov 15, 2022 6:11 PM in response to vincenzo_rizza

Hi vincenzo_rizza,

We understand that you're having some issues locating your albums, and we would love to help see if we can get it sorted for you. First, let's see if we can find the albums. What do you see when you tap the "Options" as shown in the screenshot?

It is hard to say why the Albums aren't showing without knowing the source, as we don't know the location in which they are stored. But let's try going to the menu options at the top of the page, View > Albums and see if you're able to locate the albums there.

If you don't locate the albums, you may go ahead and try to "Create Smart Albums to group photos automatically in Photos on Mac" as that could sort the photos into albums for you.

Cheers!

Nov 17, 2022 8:16 AM in response to vincenzo_rizza

vincenzo_rizza, are you able to view your albums in the Photos app on your Mac just like before, or are they missing there as well?

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support -- If you’re not seeing your albums in Photos, restart your Mac in safe mode and check. This article shows you how. We also want you to be aware that restarting in safe mode may take a bit longer than usual since it prevents some software from loading and does a check of your startup disk.

Whether or not you see your albums, restart your Mac normally to exit safe mode.

If you were able to see your albums while in safe mode, check again after a normal restart. The issue may be resolved.

If you can see your albums, you’ll want to reach out to LinkedIn for help: LinkedIn Help

All the best.

I can't see albums when I try to upload from Photos (macOS 13 Ventura)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.