You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with NFL since new phone

NFL app won’t get past loading screen on new phone no matter what I do. Anyone else having the same issues?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 6:29 PM

7 replies

Nov 12, 2022 11:42 PM in response to diehardvikingsfan

diehardvikingsfan Said:

"Issue with NFL since new phone: Thanks everyone for the responses but I have tried absolutely everything that you guys have said. Contacting the app developer is worthless: [...]I am currently up to date on IOS version."

-------

You are welcome.

Thank you for the screenshot.

Seems your screen is frozen. So, see if sanding here helps.

Troubleshooting a Frozen iPhone:

Start with a Force Restart:

Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Being Stuck in a Boot Loop:

Your iPhone might be stuck in a boot loop. This typically happens when you unsuccessfully download somethings or an install stalls.  So, refer to my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - Apple Support

Nov 12, 2022 8:26 PM in response to diehardvikingsfan

diehardvikingsfan Said:

"Issue with NFL since new phone: NFL app won’t get past loading screen on new phone no matter what I do. Anyone else having the same issues?"

-------

If an App won't open 100%...

A. See this LinkIf an App Unexpectedly Quits, Stops Responding, or won’t Open - Apple Support

And...

B. Update your iPhone:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Nov 13, 2022 12:03 AM in response to diehardvikingsfan

diehardvikingsfan Said:

"Issue with NFL since new phone: Phone definitely isn’t frozen. That is just how far the app gets. Those two screens is all. I can go back and forth between those two screens."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Set Up your iPhone Anew:

Then my next thought is set up your iPhone anew, as if you were to sell it. The phone number would remain. It's just that apps and your Apple ID would not. So take a few screenshots of what is where(i.e. Home Screen and Settings), and backup info by emailing it to yourself, or uploading it to cloud storage. Next, perform as instructed here, including the backup: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 12, 2022 8:15 PM in response to diehardvikingsfan

NFL app works fine on my iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 16.1.1 installed.

If you are having issues with the NFL app, then ensure:

• That the app has been updated
  • If the app has been updated, then shutdown your iPhone and start it back up again
  • If the above does not work then delete the NFL app, shutdown and restart your iPhone, go to the App Store and download and install the NFL app.

Axel F.

Nov 12, 2022 11:34 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks everyone for the responses but I have tried absolutely everything that you guys have said. Contacting the app developer is worthless. It is a bot that NFL has for app support and it is support on issues with streaming games or anything to do with playing video. I have attached the only two screens I get in the app. And it goes no farther. No matter what I change answer or anything. I have deleted and restarted phone and reinstalled multiple times. I am currently up to date on IOS version.

Issue with NFL since new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.