You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I slow down the cooling fan. I've been having a problem with iMac shutting down. Now it runs full blast all the time its on

How do I slow down the cooling fan. I've been having a problem with iMac shutting down. Now it runs full blast all the time its on

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 9:26 AM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2022 11:01 AM in response to CedNor

You likely have a hardware issue, please take the computer in to have it serviced. I suspect that a fan sensor has failed. You can take it to an independent Apple Authorized Service Provider and they will diagnose it and fix it on your approval. To locate an Apple Authorized Service Provider please click Apple Authorized Service Provider Locator (AASP) & Genius Appointment

If you have not already, please reset the NVRAM 2-3 times and then test. How to reset NVRAM on your Mac For best results do this with all external peripherals (External Hard Disks, hubs, etc...) disconnected and do the resets back to back.

Good luck!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.