You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a problem with hide my email feature

There are several instances where I am unable to auto fill my email address because it puts up the message hide my email instead of what I prefer to do which is to give my email out

How do I do that without canceling out the feature altogether?

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 1:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 3:16 PM

Apple Support's article:

Learn more about Hide My Email and iCloud+ - Apple Support

says:

How to temporarily deactivate an email address with Hide My Email

1. Go to Settings, then tap your name.
  2. Tap iCloud.
  3. Select Hide My Email.
  4. To temporarily stop using an email address, select an email address, then tap Deactivate Email Address. Tap Deactivate to confirm. 
  5. To use the email address again, scroll to the bottom of your email list and select Inactive Addresses. Select an email address, then tap Reactivate Address. Tap Reactivate to confirm.

Hope this helps :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 10, 2022 3:16 PM in response to Versefinder

Apple Support's article:

Learn more about Hide My Email and iCloud+ - Apple Support

says:

How to temporarily deactivate an email address with Hide My Email

1. Go to Settings, then tap your name.
  2. Tap iCloud.
  3. Select Hide My Email.
  4. To temporarily stop using an email address, select an email address, then tap Deactivate Email Address. Tap Deactivate to confirm. 
  5. To use the email address again, scroll to the bottom of your email list and select Inactive Addresses. Select an email address, then tap Reactivate Address. Tap Reactivate to confirm.

Hope this helps :-)

I have a problem with hide my email feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.