You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Photos From Apple Watch

I have 11 photos on my Apple Watch. I’d like to delete them, but cannot find a way.

Before you point me to Photos, I have Photo syncing turned off in the Watch app on my iPhone. I don’t even have a photo album that matches the photos on my watch.

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 10:28 AM

7 replies

Nov 10, 2022 1:23 PM in response to Atari

Hey there Atari,

It sounds like you're on a good path for checking settings on your Apple Watch. However, when you initially setup your Apple Watch,  it’s set to display photos from your Favorites album. This may be where these photos are coming from, before the settings were changed. You can view this information and more here: Choose a photo album and manage storage on Apple Watch - Apple Support

To remove a photo from Apple Watch, open the Photos app on your iPhone, then remove the image from the album you’ve synced.

We hope this information helps you out.

Cheers!

Nov 10, 2022 2:03 PM in response to Atari

Hello Atari,

If what you're trying doesn't correct the issue, you can try unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch and iPhone. This will essentially erase your Apple Watch and allow you to set it back up again.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

How to unpair and erase your Apple Watch if you have your iPhone

1. Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.

2. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.

3. Go to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.

4. Tap the info button  next to the watch that you want to unpair. 

5. Tap Unpair Apple Watch.

6. Tap Unpair [your Apple Watch name].

7. For GPS + Cellular models, choose whether to keep or remove your cellular plan. 
If you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, keep your plan. 
If you don't want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, remove your plan. If you aren't going to pair with a different watch or iPhone, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription. 

8. Type your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock, then tap Unpair. 

Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch. You can use the backup to restore a new Apple Watch. After your Apple Watch unpairs, you'll see the Start Pairing message.
Now you can set up your Apple Watch again or turn it off if you're selling it or giving it away.

If the photos return after this action, you'll want to contact Apple Support for additional assistance. You can reach them directly at Get Support.

Best regards.

Nov 10, 2022 1:33 PM in response to genieen16

I only have two "My Albums" in Photos on my iPhone.

1. Recents with 639 photos.
  2. Favorites with 0 photos.

The 11 photos on my watch are certainly not the most recent in the recent photos, so I don't know where they came from, how they got on, or more importantly how to get them off.

I have one Shared Album, but those photos don't match either.

Nov 10, 2022 8:51 PM in response to Atari

So I completely wiped my watch and instead of restoring, I started fresh and set up as new..

11 Photos are still there and it started adding songs, because, of course, Apple assumes you want your music added by default, too.

Now, when I try to remove the 1 song that got on there, it tells me how to add song..

So, now I have the same 11 photos from an album that doesn't exist and 1 song that I can't get rid of..

I really hate Apple right now and I've been a user since 1980.

Delete Photos From Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.