You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know which migration assistant to use. I have inherited a MacBookPro

My brother gave me his old MacBookPro 13 inch. Which migration assistant do I choose to transfer information from my PC

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 7:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 7:19 AM

ChrisandT1ny wrote:

My brother gave me his old MacBookPro 13 inch. Which migration assistant do I choose to transfer information from my PC

from the  drop down you can see the current macOS if you can bootup and log in

>About this Mac—> macOS

Move your data from a Windows PC to a Mac - Apple Support

However— I would refer you to this help topic to get back to a clean slate, or you could be setting yourself up for issues related to AppleID/Accounts/security/locking yourself out, etc

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2022 7:19 AM in response to ChrisandT1ny

ChrisandT1ny wrote:

>About this Mac—> macOS

However— I would refer you to this help topic to get back to a clean slate, or you could be setting yourself up for issues related to AppleID/Accounts/security/locking yourself out, etc

Nov 4, 2022 7:21 AM in response to leroydouglas

ChrisandT1ny wrote:

>About this Mac—> macOS

How do I know which migration assistant to use. I have inherited a MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.