You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disable icloud drive from air

currently I using MAC AIR. I notice my MAC information is backup in my iCloud. I would like to disable my document from iCloud and save my information on my desktop. advice for me

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 9:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 9:46 PM

You are referring to your iCloud drive. Your files will be on your MacBook Air whether or not you sync them to iCloud drive. Currently you have them on both your Mac and iCloud.

If you continue to have iCloud drive active your files will also be on Apple's servers for safe keeping. Note this is not a backup as such because iCloud is a syncing service not an offsite repository.

If you want to turn it off, go to System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud Drive

and remove the tick in the box. If you wish to disconnect only your Desktop and Documents folders, as distinct from the iCloud Drive folder, click on Options next to iCloud. The Desktop & Documents Folders option is at the top of the following list.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2022 9:46 PM in response to teckwee1981

You are referring to your iCloud drive. Your files will be on your MacBook Air whether or not you sync them to iCloud drive. Currently you have them on both your Mac and iCloud.

If you continue to have iCloud drive active your files will also be on Apple's servers for safe keeping. Note this is not a backup as such because iCloud is a syncing service not an offsite repository.

If you want to turn it off, go to System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud Drive

and remove the tick in the box. If you wish to disconnect only your Desktop and Documents folders, as distinct from the iCloud Drive folder, click on Options next to iCloud. The Desktop & Documents Folders option is at the top of the following list.

Oct 26, 2022 10:06 PM in response to teckwee1981

teckwee1981 Said:

"disable icloud drive from air: currently I using MAC AIR. I notice my MAC information is backup in my iCloud. I would like to disable my document from iCloud and save my information on my desktop. advice for me"

-------

Downloading All of iCloud:

Save room on your Mac, and export it all to an external drive.

Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

disable icloud drive from air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.