You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand will not open after Ventura installation

garageband will not open after installing Ventura

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 12:48 PM

15 replies

Oct 27, 2022 12:34 PM in response to Woodstix73

You can't use Time Machine either. 8^)

This was from a similar thread:

"hey its mads,

I fixed the problem on a call with apple support.

the guy made me restart my Mac and then instead of going to updates in the App Store, he told me to look up garage band in App Store, and there was an update there that didn't show up in the updates section, I updated it then he told me to restart my computer again. when I turned it back on it was working.

try this and see if it helps."

Oct 28, 2022 7:59 AM in response to Woodstix73

SOLVED!

i figured out my issue and and i hope this helps everyone else.

when loading the application it would freeze on the "Updating Audio Unit Plug-Ins..." prompt

it finally told me why it was taking forever, and it was a plug-in that i haven't used (thought was deleted)

so i took the liberty and searched in Finder the plug-in and BOOOM!! there it was alongside other ones i "thought" i deleted

after trashing them bad boys GarageBand band opened finally.

hope this helps thanks guys.

Oct 28, 2022 7:59 AM in response to Woodstix73

SOLVED!

i figured out my issue and and i hope this helps everyone else.

when loading the application it would freeze on the "Updating Audio Unit Plug-Ins..." prompt

it finally told me why it was taking forever, and it was a plug-in that i haven't used (thought was deleted)

so i took the liberty and searched in Finder the plug-in and BOOOM!! there it was alongside other ones i "thought" i deleted

after trashing them bad boys GarageBand band opened finally.

hope this helps thanks guys.

GarageBand will not open after Ventura installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.