You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scribble Feature Does Not Work

I want to type with my Apple Pencil 2 by drawing where I can type. I’ve heard that “Scribble” setting can enable it.

At “Settings - Apple Pencil”

There is no “Scribble” Setting.

So how can I type by drawing with my Apple Pencil?

(For example on Safari Website Search Box. I click on the Search Box with Apple Pencil 2 and draw but It does not write or mark anything???)

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 6:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 6:50 AM

Perhaps these are the resources that you are looking for - in particular the iPad User Guide and details of the Scribble feature:

Enter text with Scribble on iPad - Apple Support

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad - Apple Support

For full Apple Pencil and current Scribble language support, ensure that you have updated your iPad to iPadOS15.7.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2022 6:50 AM in response to Mainecoon364

Perhaps these are the resources that you are looking for - in particular the iPad User Guide and details of the Scribble feature:

Enter text with Scribble on iPad - Apple Support

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad - Apple Support

For full Apple Pencil and current Scribble language support, ensure that you have updated your iPad to iPadOS15.7.

Scribble Feature Does Not Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.