You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor: How do you keep the file name the same?

I am trying to see if there is a way to get Apple's Compressor to NOT RENAME files when it processes them. (Adding on "-AIFF" when converting to AIFF, etc.)

I know I can edit the filename before starting the batch, but very impractical for doing large batches.

This was solved in 2013 here Compressor: How do you keep the file name… - Apple Community

But I don't see a way of doing this in Compressor 4.6.2

Any tips?

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 7:26 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 11, 2022 12:06 AM in response to taylorfromorem

Here is one way to do it:

for each job, there is one "Action" you can choose to have done after export is finished.

Create one Automator Quick Action, similar to this one - adjusting for the name of the Setting used (you can add other Rename actions in here, too, to cover different settings with the same Automator workflow)

Then in Compressor, choose this Automator workflow to run after compression is done:

NOTE: Make sure that the destination you choose is NOT equal to the source, or renaming would be conflicting with the original video file.

Compressor: How do you keep the file name the same?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.