You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my iMac not warn me when battery is getting low on keyboard or mouse?

warn me when mouse &keyboard are needing a charge

iMac 24″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 12:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 12:34 PM

If you visit the Bluetooth preferences and choose to show that symbol in your iMac's menu extra area, then by clicking on that, you can see the current battery level of Bluetooth-attached Apple devices.

I have never been alerted to low battery for these Bluetooth devices because I usually charge them when they drop under 40%.

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2022 12:34 PM in response to kitcarson

If you visit the Bluetooth preferences and choose to show that symbol in your iMac's menu extra area, then by clicking on that, you can see the current battery level of Bluetooth-attached Apple devices.

I have never been alerted to low battery for these Bluetooth devices because I usually charge them when they drop under 40%.

Oct 7, 2022 12:58 PM in response to dialabrain

dialabrain wrote:

How low is "VERY LOW"? Apparently I've never let mine get that low.

Something below 5%, maybe even 3%. It is not enough time to do much of anything except connect a cable to charge it. With a laptop, one can simply use the trackpad or built in keyboard while those items are charging, but on an iMac one is out of luck unless one has a cabled mouse to use temporarily (the keyboard can be used while charging).

why does my iMac not warn me when battery is getting low on keyboard or mouse?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.