You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i create a backup on my iphone if the screen is broken

Hi

Unfortunately my iphone is broken and it turns out that I do not have the iCloud-back up. What a rookie mistake.

My screen is partly broken, so I can do some things but not all. I managed to buy some storage on the phone and now i actually have 26 gb that is not even used. Unfortunately, when I try to do a ICloud-Backup its not working :(

Is there any hope it will happen when its locked, charging and on wifi? is there anything else I can try to make it work?

Thank you in advance.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 7:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 7:48 AM

if u own any other apple devices u can actually check it.If u go to settings from another iPhone with same Apple ID go to name-icloud manage space-backups u can check all devices linked and latest backup of that device ,u can see size of backup and the date and time

however try doing a backup via iTunes on windows or macOS Mojave and earlier or finder on Macos catalina and later,It will ask for a passcode and to authorize pc

if it wont go through sorry my friend, there is no other way to backup

follow the steps in the link below

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2022 7:48 AM in response to sinelykkeb

if u own any other apple devices u can actually check it.If u go to settings from another iPhone with same Apple ID go to name-icloud manage space-backups u can check all devices linked and latest backup of that device ,u can see size of backup and the date and time

however try doing a backup via iTunes on windows or macOS Mojave and earlier or finder on Macos catalina and later,It will ask for a passcode and to authorize pc

if it wont go through sorry my friend, there is no other way to backup

follow the steps in the link below

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

how do i create a backup on my iphone if the screen is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.