You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I remove the update without erasing iphone???

I want to remove the iOS 16 update but I don’t want to reset my iPhone like instructions say I do

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 10:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 10:54 PM

Are you referring to an iOS 16 beta or the released version? For the former, the support article you came here from should provide you the steps to do so. For the latter, Apple does not support downgrading between major versions.

Regardless, you cannot downgrade without first completely erasing your phone's data.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 18, 2022 10:54 PM in response to Charliekatz

Are you referring to an iOS 16 beta or the released version? For the former, the support article you came here from should provide you the steps to do so. For the latter, Apple does not support downgrading between major versions.

Regardless, you cannot downgrade without first completely erasing your phone's data.

Can I remove the update without erasing iphone???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.