You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 problems

Hi

So I got an iPhone 14 Pro, so I passed on my iphone 8 to my father in law. The 8 was factory reset. He has an SE 2nd gen. On trying to do the data transfer side by side, the 8 wants to update to iOS 16, it will not allow me the option of doing this later, so I have no choice but to try and do it. Problem is it gets stuck at ‘Preparing Update’ but none of the online solutions will work for me as it isn’t yet a working phone. This is having my life. What can I do please?

thank you

Gary

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 7:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 7:27 AM

I would try to perform this procedure on your 8:--> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

When done, that iPhone is as if it were brand new. Your father in law, can use his own Apple ID & password, then start from scratch.

Regards

Giulio

5 replies

iOS 16 problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.