You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I lock my device screen?

I have personally never backed up my phone or Mac air. I am following directions : what does “ lock your screen” mean?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 6:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 6:24 PM

You can lock the screen by pressing the right side button on a iPhone or just do what I do and let it lock itself based on the time chosen in Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock. Note that the phone needs to be locked to backup automatically when charging but not when using the Backup Now option.

To backup a MacBook Air to an external drive, see information in Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2022 6:24 PM in response to arnoldandvictoriarehmann

You can lock the screen by pressing the right side button on a iPhone or just do what I do and let it lock itself based on the time chosen in Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock. Note that the phone needs to be locked to backup automatically when charging but not when using the Backup Now option.

To backup a MacBook Air to an external drive, see information in Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

How do I lock my device screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.