You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there 'home' button or method to jump to the main menu?

Hopefully this isn't a silly question, but as per the title, say you're deep in the settings, say 6 levels down and you want to jump back to the start of the settings list/menu, how can you (if it's possible) do this without having to keep pressing the back button?

I'm not talking about swiping up to go to the homepage because if you do that, if you then open Settings back up, you pick-up where you left off in the menu hierarchy.

Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 5:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 5:31 AM

I don’t think it’s a silly question at all. Unfortunately, there is no way to get back to the main settings screen without using the back button.

However, if swipe up and quit the settings app completely, when I launch it again, I am at the main menu of the settings app, not where I left off.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2022 5:31 AM in response to Mitchell Peplow

I don’t think it’s a silly question at all. Unfortunately, there is no way to get back to the main settings screen without using the back button.

However, if swipe up and quit the settings app completely, when I launch it again, I am at the main menu of the settings app, not where I left off.

Is there 'home' button or method to jump to the main menu?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.