You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send SMS on my iPhone 13 Pro iso 16

After upgrading to ios 16 I can't send SMS anymore, iMessage is working fine both ways.

I'm not the only one, when will an update be released?

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 4:10 AM

8 replies

Sep 15, 2022 4:20 AM in response to Jesper_DK

Unfortunately you’ll likely need to contact your carrier on this one as all SMS/MMS functionality on your phone is actually their application.

Fully understand that it might be related to your recent update, but regardless THEIR Apps needs to run in the NEW iOS.

Have you tried a full power-off / restart cycle ?

You MIGHT ALSO try resetting your network settings, but be aware that doing so WILL require that you re-enter ALL of your “remembered” WiFi networks and passwords.

Sep 15, 2022 5:21 AM in response to Jesper_DK

Sorry you had to deal with your carrier; that’s generally the often-frustrating “suggested option of last resort.”

I guess a reset network settings is “next” so get your critical passwords dusted-off - ESPECIALLY for your WiFi - and ready to re-enter and then head to:

Settings -> General -> Transfer or Reset -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

Sep 16, 2022 6:12 AM in response to Jesper_DK

Jesper_DK wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Yes I have been in contact wiht my carrier, and the reply from them was contact Apple, I tryed everything except from the Network reset.

Call your carrier back. Ask them to turn of SMS on your phone. While they're doing that, turn your phone off. Once they've turned it off and refreshed on their end, have them turn it back on. Once that's done, turn your phone back on and reset your network settings. The only passwords you lose are your WiFi passwords.

If that doesn't work, politely but firmly ask for your call to be escalated. Even if you select the option for "tech support" in the automated system, the first people you get will be customer service agents with a little bit of extra training and book of scripts (I used to train those people for Verizon). They do their best but sometimes, you need more.

Only your carrier can fix an SMS issue.

Can't send SMS on my iPhone 13 Pro iso 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.