You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted sharing of google account through Apple ID

My wife and I have two separate AppleIDs for our iPads.

Each has a unique ID with a unique email.

My wife just got an iPhone and a couple of days later my (gmail) emails started showing up in her gmail inbox.

Neither of us initiated a request to share.

The gmail app itself does not show other IDs, but somehow my emails show up in my wife's gmail inbox.

What makes this even more strange is that her gmail emails don't show up in my gmail inbox.

How can this be corrected so that email is no longer shared?

iPhone 12

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 8:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 1:53 PM

I am ashamed to say that after searching and searching through AppleID and Gmail settings that I found that I enabled forwarding on my Gmail account. I think that was the result of inattentive clicking (A.K.A. "Happy Clicking").

I still don't know how or when that happened.

In the process I did see that mail from my account was associated with my wife's Apple ID, but it didn't stop until I disabled forwarding in Gmail.

Hope this helps someone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2022 1:53 PM in response to agtrueme

I am ashamed to say that after searching and searching through AppleID and Gmail settings that I found that I enabled forwarding on my Gmail account. I think that was the result of inattentive clicking (A.K.A. "Happy Clicking").

I still don't know how or when that happened.

In the process I did see that mail from my account was associated with my wife's Apple ID, but it didn't stop until I disabled forwarding in Gmail.

Hope this helps someone.

Unwanted sharing of google account through Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.