You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email

I have an old email account from my early days with AT&T Uverse. All my accounts are through this email so I have kept it far too long. I really have not had any issues with the email other than the name is real long and its an sbcglobal.net account. A few months ago, I started having syncing issues on my Mac. I delete multiple emails and they reappear after a few seconds. Then if I go through and delete all my emails from the past as I did last week, the emails reappear on the Mac and on my phone. I have even deleted them, opened the trash folder and permanently deleted them. Nope, they return later on my phone and on my Mac. Anybody have a simple fix? I have read through some older posts but none of it makes sense. I have deleted my accounts from my Mac devices and my phones. The problem still seems to persist. I am about to try to switch to a different email provider. Not sure if that will help or not. Thanks for the input.

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 9:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 10:54 AM

Sounds like your email provider is not deleting from the server. You probably have an imap account and not a pop account. Try to go the provider email wed site and try deleting from there and be sure you have set to remove mail from server after deleting in mail preferences

Similar questions

1 reply

Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.