You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app

Is there any way i can recover my password from locked notes. I have important information on there but I forgot my password

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 9:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 9:35 PM

Hey there,

unfortunately you can’t reset the password, you have to remember it !

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2022 9:35 PM in response to Celestt27

Hey there,

unfortunately you can’t reset the password, you have to remember it !

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

Sep 11, 2022 10:03 PM in response to Celestt27

Celestt27 Said:

"Notes app: Is there any way i can recover my password from locked notes. I have important information on there but I forgot my password"

-------

Remembering a Password:

No. You need to password to continue Have her look all around your room, and see what comes to mind. As I sat in my timeout room chair in the corner of my room, I looked up at my olde man all ashamed in the face and said to myself, "Oh yeah! I remember now!".

Based on Keywords:

1. Pet name
  2. Family name
  3. School Name
  4. Favorite place
  5. Teacher's name
  6. Shopping Store
  7. Previous Passwords

Keep a Hardcopy:

Take this as a learning experience, knowing that it is important to keep a handwritten, hardcopy of your password. Have her store it in a private location that only she is aware of, and only she has access to.

Notes app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.