You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 7 battery drain

my iphone 7 started draining super fast. it turns off when it gets to like 60% and turns back on its own with a very lower %. it keeps getting worse, now i cant use my device if its not plugged to charge. battery health still showing 100%!!!.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 3:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 4:10 PM

Something is amiss. Battery Health cannot be 100% unless you have just had a new battery installed.

Best to take the phone into an Apple Store or authorized Apple Service shop to get it checked out.

4 replies

Sep 10, 2022 12:13 AM in response to Bob Timmons

I’m in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Do you know an Apple store in my area? Never heard of one.

yes I agree, I just got the phone not up to a year. I turned off my location and screen time for optimization to no avail. I’m still on iOS 14, because I heard that upgrading to later versions could hang my phone or drain my battery. Could this be the cause? Was I wrongly informed? I think it may not be a battery issue because it randomly offs and ons itself whenever it’s not plugged to light, regardless of battery %. Please what do you recommend.

IPhone 7 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.