You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does E-Sim disable Calls on other devices?

Hi!

So recently I switched to esim on my iphone 13 pro max, latest ios version and all. Since then whenever I get a phone call, whether it's a normal phone call or it's a facetime call, I can't pick it up on my other devices anymore.

I can't tell for sure if this is because of the esim, but the timing is just pointing at it. Before the switching to esim, which is 2 days ago, I was still able to receive calls on my mac and ipad, using the same wifi network, same devices and firmware version and all ... the only difference I can think of is the esim.

Please help me, because this severely impact my decision on whether to upgrade to iphone 14, since there's no place for a physical sim card.

Thanks everyone!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 4:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 3:03 PM

Hello longnhatking,

Since you aren't able to receive calls on your other devices, you'll want to double check the requirements and settings from this resource: Make and receive calls on your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support Some of those items may need to be re-enabled.

Should that still persist after checking on those items, are your other devices also up to date?

Let us know, and we'll keep moving forward from there.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 10, 2022 3:03 PM in response to longnhatking.

Hello longnhatking,

Since you aren't able to receive calls on your other devices, you'll want to double check the requirements and settings from this resource: Make and receive calls on your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support Some of those items may need to be re-enabled.

Should that still persist after checking on those items, are your other devices also up to date?

Let us know, and we'll keep moving forward from there.

Sep 11, 2022 8:35 PM in response to longnhatking.

Hi! Thanks for your nice reply.

I've read that articles and followed every step. And yes, all my devices are up to date, however, I found out something:

If I use my home wifi, everything works fine. A call on my iPhone can be picked up on my mac and iPad. But if it's the wifi network at my workplace, the problem still persists. I can only pick up calls on iPhone while at work. And to clarify, I used to be able to pick up calls on all my devices while on work wifi, before the esim.

I have no idea what and how and why this is. I realised as absurd as it sounds, it's real and it's what I've experienced.

Sep 12, 2022 1:57 AM in response to longnhatking.

That indeed is odd behavior.

It would be easy to suggest that your workplace network admin made a change … but that’s too easy a “dodge” w/o any factual basis.

Perhaps others here - with more intimate knowledge of the “inner workings” - might have ideas … ?

Other than trying a full power-off and restart cycle, I’m flummoxed. 🤔

Does E-Sim disable Calls on other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.