You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safe way to carry a MacBook

Hey guys, I just bought a MacBook Pro 2020 M1 13' and I'm struggling to find a safe way to carry it around.

I have a North Face backpack that "kind of" has a special laptop compartment behind the padded back panel but only one side is made up of hard material. I'm worried that if I place it in there (Even if it's in a hard shell sleeve), the computer will bend under the weight of my heavy IB books since there is only a thin plastic layer separating the books from the computer and I move my backpack from one classroom to another frequently.

On the other hand, there is also the option of carrying it in an independent (hard shell) laptop attaché which is obviously safer. Still, I don't want to carry a second bag, if it's also safe to put the laptop inside my backpack (In a hard shell case).

If you have anything else in your mind, I'm open to suggestions as well. Thanks :)

Sleeve: https://www.thule.com/en-us/laptop-bags-sleeves/laptop-bags-and-sleeves/thule-gauntlet-macbook-sleeve-13-_-3203971

Attaché: https://www.thule.com/en-tr/laptop-bags-sleeves/laptop-bags-and-sleeves/thule-gauntlet-macbook-pro-attache-13-_-3203975

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 12:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 4:48 AM

I have a North Face backpack that "kind of" has a special laptop compartment behind the padded back panel but only one side is made up of hard material.

I have carried my MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs around in a similar manner for over twenty years. No problems. They're pretty rugged.

3 replies

Sep 8, 2022 1:14 PM in response to tah_a_pple

Safe things to do: don't let it overheard in direct sunlight, don't let it get any fluids spilled on it, clean it gently, let the battery circuity take care of there battery, don't impede airflow either into the interior or across the exterior and avoid bumps and drops.

Its orientation when asleep and being carried is not a concern.

Safe way to carry a MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.