You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot approve to install on my Apple TV using my watch.

Every time it shows in my watch I double click the side button to approve it. Then, it makes this decline sound. I tried using my phone instead and it works. Why won’t it work in my watch?

yes, I’m on the same wifi

yes, it’s all updated and

yes, Bluetooth are on.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 2:30 PM

5 replies

Aug 28, 2022 10:42 PM in response to marcfromstatefarm

You can unlock your Mac or your iPhone with your Apple Watch, not other devices. Even then it doesn’t work for payment services, or App Store.

• Unlock with Apple Watch works only for unlocking your iPhone. It doesn't verify your identity for use with Apple Pay, passwords stored in Keychain, or password-protected apps.

(last bullet point on the page support.apple.com/kb/HT212208.)

Aug 30, 2022 6:32 AM in response to marcfromstatefarm

Maybe there is something about it that I am not aware of. Unless someone else chimes in with a good idea, I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

I cannot approve to install on my Apple TV using my watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.