You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep receiving messages that are not mine

How do I stop receiving messages that are not mine

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 5:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 5:40 PM

Can you tell us how do you know that you are receiving messages that are not sent to you? Are you receiving someone else’s messages?

If you are getting spam and unwanted messages then you can block those contacts by opening Settings ➡️ Messages ➡️ Block Contacts: Here, you can add the phone numbers of those senders that you do not want the messages from.

The other thing to try is to Filter Unknown Senders. This feature allows the incoming message, from a sender that is not in your contacts, to be filtered to another tab in the Messages app. Open Settings ➡️ Messages ➡️ Filter Unknown Senders: Set this to ON.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2022 5:40 PM in response to trbutts777

Can you tell us how do you know that you are receiving messages that are not sent to you? Are you receiving someone else’s messages?

If you are getting spam and unwanted messages then you can block those contacts by opening Settings ➡️ Messages ➡️ Block Contacts: Here, you can add the phone numbers of those senders that you do not want the messages from.

The other thing to try is to Filter Unknown Senders. This feature allows the incoming message, from a sender that is not in your contacts, to be filtered to another tab in the Messages app. Open Settings ➡️ Messages ➡️ Filter Unknown Senders: Set this to ON.

Axel F.

I keep receiving messages that are not mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.