You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access 'D' directories over the network in Monterey.

This problem has been mentioned before with respect to just getting a network connection. I don't have that problem. I can connect to another computer running Monterey and I can connect to one still running Mavericks. What's interesting is the three directories in my home directory that start with 'D' -- Desktop, Documents and Downloads, cannot be accessed on a Monterey computer, not from one running Monterey and not from one running Mavericks. OTOH, those directories can be accessed on the computer still running Mavericks. Sub-directories starting with 'D' seem to be okay.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 12:02 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 21, 2022 1:52 PM in response to rbpeirce

That worked but it sure wasn't obvious.

I don't know how mine ended up in Full Disk Access. I certainly didn't put it there. I assume it was one of those popups that ask if you want to let xxxx access your documents.

I guess I discovered the necessity while helping another person. I noticed I has smbd in Full Disk Access and turned it off to test. That prevented me from seeing those folders.

Can't access 'D' directories over the network in Monterey.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.