You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need text messages off of a lost iphone

I lost my iphone xr, I need the text messages off of the xr, i dont know if i had messages on backup, how can i the text messages off of the lost phone??

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 3:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 12:59 AM

If you had a backup then when you buy your next iPhone and set it up you will be prompted to restore from your most recent iCloud backup.

If you had Messages turned on in your iCloud settings then again it should sync them from iCloud.

Settings, your name, iCloud, Messages, on

If you have another Apple device try turning on Messages in your iCloud settings.

Try it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2022 12:59 AM in response to bwqb87

If you had a backup then when you buy your next iPhone and set it up you will be prompted to restore from your most recent iCloud backup.

If you had Messages turned on in your iCloud settings then again it should sync them from iCloud.

Settings, your name, iCloud, Messages, on

If you have another Apple device try turning on Messages in your iCloud settings.

Try it.

need text messages off of a lost iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.