You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store won't accept password

The app store shows me logged in but won't let me update my apps without entering my password. I know the password is right, but went ahead and went through the process to change it anyway (including the recovery key) and it still says it's wrong. Anyone have a clue why? This has never happened to me and I've had iPhones for as long as they've been around!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 12:22 PM

5 replies

Sep 4, 2022 1:55 PM in response to 8607_now

The apps that I can't update are in my account but sent to her apple i.d.

The app is downloaded on your Apple ID, which you cannot/may not send to anyone (in your case your wife).

If your wife also wants that app, you can use Family Sharing.

See the following Apple articles:

Set up Family Sharing

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

What is Family Sharing?

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

(You both already did this) Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID

Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

Download family members’ purchases on iPhone

Download family members’ purchases on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple

Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple – Apple Support (UK)

Share iCloud+ with your family

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Use Family Sharing to share iTunes Store purchases on PC

Use Family Sharing to share iTunes Store purchases on PC - Apple Support (GE)

Sep 4, 2022 1:28 PM in response to Raicya

My wife and I have separate user accounts with user i.d.'s and passwords for each. We also have separate apple i.d.'s and passwords.

The apps that I can't update are in my account but sent to her apple i.d. but if I try to use her password to make the updates I'm told that the password is incorrect and gives me the option to create a new password which I don't want to do.

App Store won't accept password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.