You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you backup an iPhone 4s from a trusted Mac mini 2012 macOS Catalina when the iPhone is disabled

How do you backup an iPhone 4s from a trusted Mac mini 2012 macOS Catalina when the iPhone is disabled because I might put it in recovery mode and go through a backup after erasing it so I can see all of the stuff I had on it 9 years ago. (also its shattered and lost its home button so how do I put it in recovery mode) I need to get it back. plus its a cdma so sim won't work

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 4:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 7:39 PM

Sorry: Ok so first I went to my trusted Mac mini, found a "back up with iCloud" button. I pressed it and then sucsessfully backed up. Now i have a bigger problem: going to recovery mode. I need to do it without the home button. If i can't, Ill pay to get the home button back. I wouldn't need to put it in recovery mode if i didn't switch apple IDs.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 12, 2022 7:39 PM in response to Chris0107

Sorry: Ok so first I went to my trusted Mac mini, found a "back up with iCloud" button. I pressed it and then sucsessfully backed up. Now i have a bigger problem: going to recovery mode. I need to do it without the home button. If i can't, Ill pay to get the home button back. I wouldn't need to put it in recovery mode if i didn't switch apple IDs.

How do you backup an iPhone 4s from a trusted Mac mini 2012 macOS Catalina when the iPhone is disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.