You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What adapter do I need to charge my iPhone 11 in Italy?

Going to Italy and I wanted to be sure if an adaptor is right to use or do I need a converter?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 3:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 6:51 PM

Look at the small print on whatever you want to plug in. It should have an input voltage rating. I think any Apple charger will say 100 - 240 V. Likely also says 50-60 Hz.

If it says that, then you don't need to convert voltage, you just need an adapter.

US voltage is ~120, Europe voltage is ~230, both of which fall into the previously mentioned range.

Here are a couple of adapter recommendations if you're looking for any.. this or this.. have em both and have worked well for me anywhere I've traveled

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 1, 2022 6:51 PM in response to fleur72

Look at the small print on whatever you want to plug in. It should have an input voltage rating. I think any Apple charger will say 100 - 240 V. Likely also says 50-60 Hz.

If it says that, then you don't need to convert voltage, you just need an adapter.

US voltage is ~120, Europe voltage is ~230, both of which fall into the previously mentioned range.

Here are a couple of adapter recommendations if you're looking for any.. this or this.. have em both and have worked well for me anywhere I've traveled

What adapter do I need to charge my iPhone 11 in Italy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.