You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud storage

I pay for 50 GB of storage

my son has purchased a family plan that is supposed to provide me with 200 GB of storage

however my phone is not using the storage and I keep getting the message that I’m out of storage how do I access the family sharing?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 8:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 9:07 AM

Go to Settings->Account(top of Settings)->Family Sharing->iCloud+, make sure you have accepted the invitation to join your son's Family Group, then select the 200TB shared plan to replace your own 50GB plan from the list of subscription.

Do not cancel your plan yourself. Once you select the shared 200GB plan, it will automatically cancel yours and give you a prorated refund.

See here for specific steps: link-> Share iCloud+ with your family - Switch to Family Plan - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2022 9:07 AM in response to Auswatch

Go to Settings->Account(top of Settings)->Family Sharing->iCloud+, make sure you have accepted the invitation to join your son's Family Group, then select the 200TB shared plan to replace your own 50GB plan from the list of subscription.

Do not cancel your plan yourself. Once you select the shared 200GB plan, it will automatically cancel yours and give you a prorated refund.

See here for specific steps: link-> Share iCloud+ with your family - Switch to Family Plan - Apple Support

Cloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.