You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and iPad apps will not run on my M1 Pro Mac

I’m trying to open apps downloaded from the app store on my mac under the “iphone/ipad apps” section. But when I try to open them, nothing happens - It's like I never clicked on the button.

Nothing on the dock, app switcher, menu bar, activity monitor to signify that I tried to open the app.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. Looked on the "compatibility" section on the app store page and it clearly says "works on this macbook pro". I also tried running my Mac on safe mode and it also did not work. I have checked my mac for updates and am currently on MacOS 12.4.

I have already contacted apple support and they gave me a number to call a senior advisor.

Is there anything that I can do before having to speak on the phone?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 10:11 AM

3 replies

iPhone and iPad apps will not run on my M1 Pro Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.