You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have forgotten by password on an old Apple Watch and I would like to reset and use again

I have forgotten by password on an old Apple Watch and I would like to reset and use again. When hold the button, nothing happens really.....Then I hold the crown in and again nothing happens. I have the watch on the charger connected to my computer. This watch also does not show up as any my devices registered. Long story short.....old watch in the drawer trying to reset and give away to someone who could use it.

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 2:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 2:46 AM

If you forget your Apple Watch passcode

If you forgot your Apple ID password

Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for about 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.Wait a few seconds, then hold down just the side button for about 20 seconds or until the “erase all settings” prompt shows up on the screen, then click it, then click the green check button.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 15, 2022 2:46 AM in response to steven ASIA

If you forget your Apple Watch passcode

If you forgot your Apple ID password

Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for about 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.Wait a few seconds, then hold down just the side button for about 20 seconds or until the “erase all settings” prompt shows up on the screen, then click it, then click the green check button.

I have forgotten by password on an old Apple Watch and I would like to reset and use again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.