You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad will not Boot to Home Screen

I’m having issues with my iPad 6th generation. About a month or two ago, my iPad had experienced an unexpected shutdown. I tried turning it back on, but instead of booting to the home screen, it turned off. Then, after every-time that I’d try to get it back on, the apple logo would show up for about 3-5 seconds, then turn off again, resulting in a continuous boot loop. I put it into recovery mode, plugged it into iTunes on a Windows PC, and tried both updating and restoring it, but each time it would return an error pop up saying that it couldn’t restore/update my iPad with an error code “4013”. As of right now, it’s still currently stuck in recovery/plug into iTunes mode. Any help or tips on what I should do next are appreciated.

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 5:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 5:42 PM

Click here and follow the instructions. If they don't fix it, use the 'contact us' link.

(221327)

Similar questions

1 reply

iPad will not Boot to Home Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.