You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't import videos from folder in Photos App

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to import videos in the Photos app but nothing happens. I select the folder I want to import, click 'Review for import', select the videos I want and click the 'Import All New Items' button and just get redirected to the Imports folder within Photos.

Importing photos from a folder works fine. When importing photos & videos from my iPhone it works fine also. When I try to import videos from a folder on my desktop or an external drive, it just doesn't work. I've tried restarting but to no avail.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Thanks

PS: I have a Mac mini late 2014 with MacOS Monterey 12.4 installed.

Mac mini, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 9:57 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jul 13, 2022 11:22 AM in response to Richard.Taylor

Drag and drop works just fine but the problem is that I have multiple folders that include videos as well as photos and I don't want to cause duplicates within the Photos app (unless the Photos app will warn me that there are duplicates? I have no idea). So I want to avoid duplicates and also wasting time going through one folder at a time.

Can't import videos from folder in Photos App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.