You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On my 2017 MacBook Pro at start up, it gives me a spinning globe and asks me to choose my network. After I choose my network and enter the password, it goes back to the spinning globe and my network name, but nothing is happening.

On my 2017 MacBook Pro at start up, it gives me a spinning globe and asks me to choose my network. After I choose my network and enter the password, it goes back to the spinning globe and my network name, but nothing is happening. I have erased my Macbook for trade in and was going back to reinstall the OS. How do I get the OS reinstalled if I cant get passed this point?

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 6:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 7:52 AM

NYCBradley wrote:

On my 2017 MacBook Pro at start up, it gives me a spinning globe and asks me to choose my network. After I choose my network and enter the password, it goes back to the spinning globe and my network name, but nothing is happening. I have erased my Macbook for trade in and was going back to reinstall the OS. How do I get the OS reinstalled if I cant get passed this point?

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

Internet Recovery can take some time to connect to remote servers...

if you Internet download speed is suspect get on a faster Network.

How to reinstall macOS

Recovery (both M1 and Intel) — How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2022 7:52 AM in response to NYCBradley

NYCBradley wrote:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

Internet Recovery can take some time to connect to remote servers...

if you Internet download speed is suspect get on a faster Network.

How to reinstall macOS

Recovery (both M1 and Intel) — How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

On my 2017 MacBook Pro at start up, it gives me a spinning globe and asks me to choose my network. After I choose my network and enter the password, it goes back to the spinning globe and my network name, but nothing is happening.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.