You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did Mac and iPhone stop receiving copies of each others text messages?

I used to be able to send a text message from my iPhone and my Mac would see it, and vice versa. That's stopped for some reason and I do not know why? Can someone please help? Thank you. //ELV

iMac

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 12:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 12:23 PM

eveniegas wrote:

I used to be able to send a text message from my iPhone and my Mac would see it, and vice versa. That's stopped for some reason and I do not know why? Can someone please help? Thank you. //ELV

Old issue, new issue, what changed..(?)

On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone.

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Update your iDevice - current stable release, including bug fixes iOS 15.5

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 10, 2022 12:23 PM in response to eveniegas

eveniegas wrote:

Old issue, new issue, what changed..(?)

On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone.

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Update your iDevice - current stable release, including bug fixes iOS 15.5

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Why did Mac and iPhone stop receiving copies of each others text messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.