You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally hit German

In initially turning on Apple TV for the first time, I accidentally hit set up in German. How do I get back to English?

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 10:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 2:03 PM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

During setup, you may go steps back using the Menu button on the remote.

After setup completion, you may set a different device interface language in Settings at any time.

For Apple TV (4th generation or later): Einstellungen﹥Allgemein﹥Apple TV-Sprache﹥English (Englisch). Then set the language again for the correct English locality (US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, India, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa).

I’m not sure about earlier generations, but I would expect it somewhat similar.

Change the language - Change the language or region format on Apple TV - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2022 2:03 PM in response to aqx1827

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

During setup, you may go steps back using the Menu button on the remote.

After setup completion, you may set a different device interface language in Settings at any time.

For Apple TV (4th generation or later): Einstellungen﹥Allgemein﹥Apple TV-Sprache﹥English (Englisch). Then set the language again for the correct English locality (US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, India, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa).

I’m not sure about earlier generations, but I would expect it somewhat similar.

Change the language - Change the language or region format on Apple TV - Apple Support

Accidentally hit German

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.