You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backgrounds are only working on the first clip in my iMovie project. I need to be able to add backgrounds to all the clips. Help!

I am creating a video compilation for our museum galleries. All of the clips were shot vertically for a different purpose but they will be viewed horizontally in the gallery. I am attempting to put a background on each clip, but it will only allow me to put a background on the first clip. How can I put a background behind each clip?

iMac Pro

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 10:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 4:16 PM

So, the way I am envisioning this is that you have a vertical clip in the upper timeline that you want to overlay onto a clip in the lower timeline, but the lower timeline clip is too short in duration to cover all of the vertical clips that you want to overlay. on top of it. Is that correct? It would help if you could post a screen shot to illustrate your concept..

If what I described is the case, you only need to select the lower clip, assuming its a video, and do and Edit/Copy, and then Edit/Paste/Paste/Paste to duplicate the lower clip in the timeline to make it long enough in duration. If the lower timeline clip is a photo you can just drag the edge out to as long a duration as you need.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2022 4:16 PM in response to AMoAMuseumEducator

So, the way I am envisioning this is that you have a vertical clip in the upper timeline that you want to overlay onto a clip in the lower timeline, but the lower timeline clip is too short in duration to cover all of the vertical clips that you want to overlay. on top of it. Is that correct? It would help if you could post a screen shot to illustrate your concept..

If what I described is the case, you only need to select the lower clip, assuming its a video, and do and Edit/Copy, and then Edit/Paste/Paste/Paste to duplicate the lower clip in the timeline to make it long enough in duration. If the lower timeline clip is a photo you can just drag the edge out to as long a duration as you need.

-- Rich

Backgrounds are only working on the first clip in my iMovie project. I need to be able to add backgrounds to all the clips. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.