You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I did not unpair my Apple Watch six from my old phone when I traded it in how do I pair my watch with my iPhone 13 Pro Max?

Can I un-pair my Apple Watch from a phone I no longer own?

my iPhone 13 promax will not pair with my Apple Watch six I did not unpaired from my old iPhone before I traded it in what do I do?

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 7:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 7:22 AM

You can, though it won't be able to back up it's information to your iPhone.

1. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. 
  2. Type your password if prompted.
  3. For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. If you don't want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, remove your plan. If you aren't going to pair with a different watch or iPhone, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription. 
  4. Tap Erase All to confirm. This resets your Apple Watch to the factory settings.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2022 7:22 AM in response to Jadeeyes70

You can, though it won't be able to back up it's information to your iPhone.

1. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. 
  2. Type your password if prompted.
  3. For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. If you don't want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, remove your plan. If you aren't going to pair with a different watch or iPhone, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription. 
  4. Tap Erase All to confirm. This resets your Apple Watch to the factory settings.

Jul 4, 2022 7:44 AM in response to Jadeeyes70

To unpair and erase watch and remove Activation Lock

From a web browser,sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.

Go to Find iPhone.

Click All Devices at the top of the screen.

Click your Apple Watch.

Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased.

Click Remove from Account.

Then;

Setup your Watch to a new iPhone

I did not unpair my Apple Watch six from my old phone when I traded it in how do I pair my watch with my iPhone 13 Pro Max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.