You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment Declined

My card was declined,its a Visa card I have money in it, expiration date is December,2022… why was it declined please? I added another card Mastercard this time and I have money in it, expiration date is 2023 and it was still declined

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 4:03 AM

10 replies

Jul 3, 2022 2:32 PM in response to chimamaka112

Hi there,

This article also 'teaches' you how to change/update your payment information, such as your billing address that may not match with the card billing address, etc.

Here are all the reasons your payment method may be declined; please review them:

• Insufficient balance or account in arrears
  • Account suspended for suspected fraud (not necessarily by you)
  • Error in card number
  • Wrong expiration date
  • Wrong security (CVV) code
  • Address in your iTunes account does not match exactly the billing address for the card
  • The card was not issued in the country of the iTunes store
  • You are connected through a VPN provider that does not terminate in the country of the iTunes store you are connected to.
  • Your Apple ID has security issues (email address/phone number not confirmed, password needing to be changed, two factors authentication required, etc.)

Payment Declined

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.