You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to select which phone line to send a message off of iPad and Mac when iPhone has dual sims?

Hello, I have an iPhone 12 mini running iOS 15.5, an iPad mini 6 running iPadOS 15.5 and a MacBook Pro 2016 4 thunderbolt ports running macOS Monterey 12.4.

I have two SIM cards in my iPhone. One is physical and the other is an e-sim. When I text off of my iPhone, I can easily see which number I am using and change it quickly. However, when I am texting off of my iPad or MacBook, I have no idea which number I am texting from and have to reference my iPhone to see what number the conversation is using.

Is there a way to see which number I am using while on my other devices? Thank you!

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 2:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 8:28 AM

JakenBaken wrote:

Hello, I have an iPhone 12 mini running iOS 15.5, an iPad mini 6 running iPadOS 15.5 and a MacBook Pro 2016 4 thunderbolt ports running macOS Monterey 12.4.

I have two SIM cards in my iPhone. One is physical and the other is an e-sim. When I text off of my iPhone, I can easily see which number I am using and change it quickly. However, when I am texting off of my iPad or MacBook, I have no idea which number I am texting from and have to reference my iPhone to see what number the conversation is using.

Is there a way to see which number I am using while on my other devices? Thank you!

I would look at your Messages.app Preferences(?) and see if there is anything there...

Messages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 3, 2022 8:28 AM in response to JakenBaken

JakenBaken wrote:

I would look at your Messages.app Preferences(?) and see if there is anything there...

Messages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

How to select which phone line to send a message off of iPad and Mac when iPhone has dual sims?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.