You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the caret in TextMate with my Mac?

Is there a way to change the caret from a thin, vertical line to a block? I'd like to make it easier to see.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 2:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 6:00 PM

I just spent about an hour within the TextMate 2.0.23 application bundle, and with Google, and though I see that the caret color is governed by the Theme bundle, I saw no place to change the caret, or that it was using different caret styles that could be interchangeable. I installed the LaTeX bundle, changed the font, and increased the font size to 14 pt, and that did not improve the visibility of that vertical caret which is a pale #A7A7A7 gray.

I think you need to contact macromates and ask how or if it is possible to alter the caret shape, or if there are n-tuple caret styles, which one, and again how to alter it.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2022 6:00 PM in response to DammarVarnish

I just spent about an hour within the TextMate 2.0.23 application bundle, and with Google, and though I see that the caret color is governed by the Theme bundle, I saw no place to change the caret, or that it was using different caret styles that could be interchangeable. I installed the LaTeX bundle, changed the font, and increased the font size to 14 pt, and that did not improve the visibility of that vertical caret which is a pale #A7A7A7 gray.

I think you need to contact macromates and ask how or if it is possible to alter the caret shape, or if there are n-tuple caret styles, which one, and again how to alter it.

How can I change the caret in TextMate with my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.