You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone only charges with usb-c

I have an iPhone 12 that will only charge using a usb-c connection. The regular usb chargers used to work, but one day after my phone had updated, stopped working all together. This also means I cannot plug my phone into my computer to back up to iTunes without buying an adapter. I’ve tried cleaning the charging port, using a variety of other charging cables as well as different boxes they plug into. I’ve taken it to Verizon where I was told that it is in fact odd, but that they couldn’t help me with the issue at all other than to sell me a new charging cord and box with the usb-c for $50. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 12:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 4:57 AM

Hello tandy256,

I would contact Apple for this. This may not be the answer you expected, but this could be both a hardware- or software related issue.

---> https://apple.com/contact

Best regards and good luck,

dotec

1 reply

iPhone only charges with usb-c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.