You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get more storage to install macOS to update my MacBook. I factory reset it to get more storage

What do I do since my MacBook is factory reset and will not allow me to install the macOS due to not having more storage

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 3:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 1:43 AM

Was this Apple Method used >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

Was this Apple Method used >> How to reinstall macOS

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.
  • Allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart and show a progress bar several times, and the screen might be empty for minutes at a time.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 22, 2022 1:43 AM in response to Alaviano15

Was this Apple Method used >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

Was this Apple Method used >> How to reinstall macOS

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.
  • Allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart and show a progress bar several times, and the screen might be empty for minutes at a time.

How do I get more storage to install macOS to update my MacBook. I factory reset it to get more storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.