You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iwatch is not measuring my heart rate

How do I get my iWatch to measure heart rate. Something has changed in the past two days and this feature no longer works

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 4:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 4:31 PM

If this is happening during a workout then you most likely have "workout power saving mode" enabled,this turns off the heart monitor during workouts.

On your iPhone, go to Settings/Privacy/Motion & Fitness and check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are On.

Open your iPhone’s Watch app and go to Workout and make sure that Workout Power Saving Mode is Off.

Next, go to Privacy and check that both Heart Rate and Fitness Tracking are both On.

Finally, go to Passcode and check that Wrist Detection is On.

If any of these settings are incorrect, they will prevent your watch from reading your heart rate during a workout. Set them correctly, and test your watch again.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2022 4:31 PM in response to JKI51

If this is happening during a workout then you most likely have "workout power saving mode" enabled,this turns off the heart monitor during workouts.

On your iPhone, go to Settings/Privacy/Motion & Fitness and check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are On.

Open your iPhone’s Watch app and go to Workout and make sure that Workout Power Saving Mode is Off.

Next, go to Privacy and check that both Heart Rate and Fitness Tracking are both On.

Finally, go to Passcode and check that Wrist Detection is On.

If any of these settings are incorrect, they will prevent your watch from reading your heart rate during a workout. Set them correctly, and test your watch again.

my iwatch is not measuring my heart rate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.