You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spinning wheel in Macmail

I am operating Big Sur 11.6.7

I will explain step by step what I have done

• I accidentally deleted a folder - containing many subfolders and e-mails in my Macmail
  • Looked everywhere but could not find it - thought I might find it in libraries but was not sure what to look at
  • rang APPLE CARE and after over an hour of checking - I gave him access to my screen, i suggested we do restore from my backup back onto my same USER to an earlier time which I knew was there
  • Restored Ok and file missing file was there - hooray
  • Now - every time I open Macmail, I get a spinning wheel again which affects the operation of any program I get - so obviously Macmail is still the problem
  • rang APPLECARE again and they suggested I re-install BigSur so it would give me the latest updates
  • I did a complete install of Big Sur - rebooted and had another look
  • STILL THE SAME
  • I decided to turn off macmail and computer runs WELL - NO SPINNING WHEEL!
  • I know there is something wrong with my Macmail because when I had it on, my e-mails on my Iphone did not sync - using IMap as they used to
  • I am writing to the communities because to be honest I don't think APPLE Care rep looked at it deep enough to fix fault and I have had good results from the communities in the past
  • i am happy to use ETRECHECK so you can have a look at the proble.
  • THANK YOU FOR LISTENING

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 12:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 12:23 PM

One more thing - my storage on my HD has decreased greatly since I restored - only 153GB left from1TB drive

Similar questions

1 reply

Spinning wheel in Macmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.