You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am wondering why under my settings it says carrier lock no SIM restrictions and I try to put a different Sim card in there and use a different carrier and it doesn’t work?

It says in my settings that the carrier lock is no SIM restrictions but I put a different Sim card from a different carrier in my phone it does not work can anyone tell me why?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 6:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 11:43 PM

See this Apple article: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

👉 Apple can't unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone.

You need to contact your Carrier.

👉 Maybe the SIM card is damaged, go to your Carrier, ask for a new card, normally it is free.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2022 11:43 PM in response to Chrisges2

See this Apple article: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

👉 Apple can't unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone.

You need to contact your Carrier.

👉 Maybe the SIM card is damaged, go to your Carrier, ask for a new card, normally it is free.

I am wondering why under my settings it says carrier lock no SIM restrictions and I try to put a different Sim card in there and use a different carrier and it doesn’t work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.