You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I type "vid" in the Safari search bar, it immediately clears the search bar

Hello,

I was trying to type "video" in my search bar in safari. Every time I typed the first three letters "vid" the search bar would immediately clear. I can type other things fine and it works. And If i type another word before "vid" everything is fine. But I can't just type "vid"

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 10:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 12:51 PM

I understand as soon as you type the letters vid in Safari's Smart Search field, it immediately disappears.

I'd start by clearing Safari's History: Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

If that doesn't help, investigate (Apple menu) > System Preferences... > Keyboard > Text for the possibility of a text substitution entry for the word "vid".

If an entry is present though, it would affect all apps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2022 12:51 PM in response to rickEy2foryou

I understand as soon as you type the letters vid in Safari's Smart Search field, it immediately disappears.

I'd start by clearing Safari's History: Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

If that doesn't help, investigate (Apple menu) > System Preferences... > Keyboard > Text for the possibility of a text substitution entry for the word "vid".

If an entry is present though, it would affect all apps.

When I type "vid" in the Safari search bar, it immediately clears the search bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.